Hallo!
It's been a while since posting and I'm sorry for that although it just means I've been really busy and running around (having fun). Now on with the story.
After Paris, Jess and I flew to London. One thing I have discovered is that despite the geographical proximity of France, England, and Scotland, it can take a full day of travel to get between them. Getting from Paris to London and then to Cambridge was no exception and it's for this reason I feel like I've spent too much time in airports as of late. That said, I like flying despite the time it can take getting to airports, checking in, being misdirected (twice), going through security, waiting for the plane, and boarding.
England!............France!
The flight from Paris to London made me realize, or perhaps prove my theory, that I am a horrid person to fly with if one is afraid of flying. Here is why: Turbulence worries or scares edgy fliers. Turbulence makes me laugh, particularly when around said edgy fliers. As awful as it sounds, it's similar to the situation we've surely all found ourselves in when someone has a comical fall and we all want to laugh even though we are also sympathetic. Unfortunately, not only do I laugh, I make comments that (in hindsight) are inappropriate such as "did you see the wings flapping?". As a warning to anyone who doesn't enjoy being several thousand feet in the air in a box with wings, please don't ever tell me that you feel safer in a bigger plane because I will be quick to point out the following:
- Bigger objects make for bigger crashes.
- Bigger planes tend to have more variables that can go wrong and cause problems.
- Bigger planes make for more people which makes for more people trying to esca....I won't finish that one.
Like I said, don't fly with me if you are not 100% happy to be up there no matter the weather, etc.
Once in London we carried on to Cambridge to visit family friends that I hadn't seen in 9 years time. We had a great time walking around, doing a bit of shopping, having good catch-up visits, a lot of laughs, eating good food, and drinking tea. I made a successful purchase of an umbrella on the first day because the forecast was for indefinite rain but we were pleasantly surprised with great weather for the rest of the trip!
Just as the French make the best croissants and baguettes, the English make the best scones, crumpets, and tea. These scones above were served with clotted cream which is an unfortunate name but it tasted delicious...just so long as you don't look at the nutrition facts. If you do, it still tastes delicious but comes with a side of guilt. What you don't know won't hurt you(r conscience).xoxo,
F
1 comment:
Thanks for adding in those flying comments... makes things sooo much better lol
Post a Comment