
Today I was chatting to a friend back home and the question of "where does 'Titch' come from?" came up. I explained it was one of two nicknames I have ever responded to, given to me by my parents. I couldn't remember the name of the book it came from, so I googled it (what would we do without google). The result was that I found a book on Titch, also by Pat Hutchins, whose title was incredibly close to the name of my blog, though I didn't know of it's existence until today. In relation to my nickname, the book I was thinking of is "You'll Soon Grow Into them Titch".
Here is the link to the very odd coincidence:
http://www.seekbooks.com.au/book/Titch-Out-and-About/isbn/9780099400240.htm
I might just have to buy this book on principle if I can find it in Canada.
Now I'm sure *cough* you are all wondering what the second nickname I respond to is, but it's a pretty obvious one that caught on courtesy of BL.
In other news, a man was attacked by a crocodile in the Melbourne area yesterday. He was out fishing with some friends and was "teasing" it in order to get a good photo. He was then "surprised" when it jumped out of the water and snapped at him. This man clearly needs to go to Australia Zoo where he can get a lesson on how crocodiles hunt. One of the safety rules is to never sit in branches overhanging a body of water because they can, and will, jump out to get you. I think a similar rule would apply to a man leaning over a boat and poking a crocodile with a stick. Just a hunch.
You know, he could even skip the trip to the zoo and take a few lessons in this lovely thing we call common sense. It might be too late though, he could be out kicking sharks by now.
xoxo,
F
P.S I should add that this man was not injured because, despite evidence to the contrary, he did have some wits about him and managed to jump backwards quickly enough. Apparently crocs that are 2m long or less do not pose a significant danger to humans (you can never be too careful). This one was 4m long. The man really needs to go to the zoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment