Monday, March 24, 2008

P.Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

Hallo!

After much ado I've arrived in Sydney. Unfortunately, I'm too tired to tell that story so I'll tell you another one about my day yesterday which was quite possibly the most exciting one since being in Australia.
The friends I'm staying with (who are lovely and incredibly helpful) live close to the city center making it easy to walk or bus there. As such, I took a nice walk that went a little like this:

Walk down by the harbour past Anzac Bridge; past Sydney Fish Markets; past the Australian Maritime Museum;

across Pyrmont Bridge;

up Market street to Hyde Park and St. Marys Cathedral;
on to the Domain and Botanical Gardens (I've traced in red where I walked);
on to the Sydney Opera House;

(This picture gives you an idea of what the weather was like yesterday. )

and finally back through the Gardens again to the Government house and Conservatory of music before heading back through Hyde Park. All in all it took me between five and six hours so I was a bit knackered by the end of it but it was a lot of fun. The only downside was that by the time I got round to Mrs Macquaries Point it was fairly cloudy and threatening to rain (which it did) so the pictures didn't turn out too well. The ones I have posted are from today when it was clearer out. I started writing this post this morning but left for a drive to see the northern suburbs, a couple of the city beaches, and to take a ferry ride from Manlay to Circular Quay....I also had this latte along the way :)

I hope you've all had a good long weekend and looking forward to the short work week!
xoxo,
F

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow your pics are beautiful! Hey be happy your not here as we woke up to a nice new snowfall...it's suppose to be spring!