Monday, March 31, 2008

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a dolphin



Hookfin and her calf
Some of the males from the pods.




A Galah

Newcastle has the busiest port in Australia: mostly all to do with coal.
The Bogie (bogey?) hole. Essentially a pool shape carved out of rock and filled by ocean water when the waves come.
The waves


Sorry that it's been nearly a week since I've written. I'm now in countdown until I leave for Korea (with two days remaining). Where do I start....
In summary I had an amazing weekend. As some of you know I went up to New Castle to visit a friend for the weekend. On Friday, we went to Nelson Bay to go boating and see dolphins. It was a huge surprise and a childhood dream come true to see dolphins in the wild. There were two pods of dolphins playing around and I took about 200 pictures of them (I was excited, what can I say). Newcastle is a great place which I think it fairly evident given the pictures, but I'm biased. Another accomplishment of the weekend was that I now understand- and like- Rugby league. I've never been interested in American football but rugby is quite different and in my mind, better for it.

xoxo,
F

P.S Right by Newcastle there is a Toronto and a Hamilton. I was amused by this.

No comments: