Gambling is very popular here: signs for "Pokies" are as frequent as Starbucks in New York, Tim Hortons in Toronto, liquor stores in Drayton Valley, and Ben &Jerry's in Washington DC. The Casino is also a main attraction in Brisbane. Pokies remind me of Alberta- the only place in Canada where you can gamble in a restaurant while you wait for your food to be served.
Here's a little conversation I had today on the matter:
Becca: Casinos are bigger in Australia
Titch: I haven't been to one in Canada or here
Becca: that's good, I don't gamble either, only with my life
Titch: Same here. Though you see, I think that's ok because I really and truly own my life. Money is transient.
So there you have it. That's why you will never find me in a casino but you might find me in the company of sharks because
a) the chances of losing money in a casino are far higher than getting bitten by a shark
b) Sharks (the water ones) are interesting
c) National geographic has taught me that sharks close their eyes to protect them right as they attack and if you poke the eyes or at least fight back in any way, they will give up. They fail on more than half of their attacks. Something tells me if you poke the eyes of the dealer at a casino you will not only lose money and get kicked out, but possibly get charged criminaly. Not that either situation would be much fun.
Happy Swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment