Just as the title says, I'm procrastinating. More specifically, by writing this. I should be packing for Sydney tomorrow but I've been up since 6:00, have done laundry (the machine sounds like a jet taking off when it's in spin mode), and have all my "stuff" strewn about. This means I'm nearly done. So I thought it was high time for a break and to share what I will and will not miss about the past three months.
I'll start off with what I won't miss (bad news before good news, right?)
Won't Miss:
- Massive spiders inside (outside I don't mind)
- Green Ants: their bites are really painful and the sting lasts a long time
- Baby Barf: it smells. Big surprise.
- Shoddy pick-up lines: I have heard some of the worst ones here.
- Cell phone problems:calling cards or minute cards running out. If they ran out in sync it would be better.
- Sand everywhere: I love the sand on the beach but not so much once I'm home and find it in all my bags, shoes, etc.
- Coffee that costs an arm and a leg.
Will Miss:
- The Botanical Gardens
- Gold Coast and the perfect beaches
- Surfing: granted I'm not great but it's a lot of fun.
- Wildlife and Flora: don't deny it, you'd like to walk out and see parrots and lizards in your yard frolicking among the palm trees too.
- Warm weather: even though this will come in Canada too, I'm not looking forward to the May snowfalls in Alberta.
- Aussie Accents
- Seeing the stars every night because there are so few lights to drown them out.
- Mozzarella that looks like a turtle: ok, I won't Really miss this but I'm amused by it none the less.
- Tim Tams.
It's a shame these aren't in North America. Goodness knows why not.
Just add legs and a tail.
Lessons Learned:
- I am still not immune to sunburns
- Zebra rhymes with Debra.
- "Deer in Headlights" doesn't mean much but "possum in headlights" is more appropriate.
- "You look like a chipmunk" means very little as well. Perhaps someone can come up with one that would be understood by aussies.
- We have "Robin's egg blue" and they have "duck egg yellow".
- I CAN adapt to cars driving on the other side. It took a while but I finally don't have to think about which way to look first.
xoxo,
F
1 comment:
Happy Easter to you too! It sounds like there are a lot of things to miss but also a lot to look forward to!
Post a Comment